Saturday, May 7, 2011

The God Hater by Bill Myers

Nicholas Mackenzie is a staunch atheist, who will do whatever he can to criticize religion. When his brother, Travis, creates an artificial intelligence program to imitate society, he asks Nicholas for help. It seems that no matter what kind of society Travis creates, the members end up killing themselves. It is Nicholas’ job to find the philosophical ideas to create the perfect society. As Nicholas begins to help out, he doesn’t like what he finds.


This is the first book I have read by Bill Myers, and I really enjoyed it. I wasn’t sure about the book when I started it, but I was quickly captivated. This story is a great illustration of God’s love and the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. I would compare this allegory to the Circle Series by Ted Dekker. Myers is able to show the power of the Gospel through a more modern tale. While a novel cannot come close to reading Scripture, this is a powerful book that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment